Want to Enter the Reclaim Red Design Contest?
It is the 30th anniversary of the discovery of AIDS and we have so much to remember, so much to celebrate, so much to still guard against before we can reclaim the color red and transform it into the color of victory. How would you represent all or part of that on a T-shirt? At this profoundly important milestone, we need your design talent. The winning designer will receive a $1,000 prize.
Here’s how to get started:
1. First, go sit on a rock. Really, do it. You have until August 8, when the contest opens for submissions, so take a little time to think about the Reclaim Red concept, and to think about what kind of design you can create to help our generation move toward a future without AIDS.
2. You can make your design in any way you choose — photograph, paint, illustration, or even entirely on a computer. It’s totally up to you. Since you’ll have to submit online, you’ll have to digitize your brilliant idea at some point. When you do, be sure that it’s at a resolution of at least 150 dpi.
3. Be sure your file is in .jpg or .png format.
4. Please be sure you have the right to use all elements of your design. If you use a photograph, for example, be sure that you took the photo yourself or have permission from the original creator. If you submit a design that contains an element that you do not have the rights to, you will be disqualified from the competition.
5. The submissions period opens on August 8, 2011. At that time, you’ll be able to create a profile for your idea and add additional details to help increase your chances of winning.